Google Inbox Review: Worth the Hype? 5 Considering Factors


ONE
Google's new Inbox automatically characterizes new mail.  The app bundles your emails automatically.  For me, I felt like I was missing tons of mail…Was I? I am still unsure!  I was also getting the double notifications since I have my standard Gmail Inbox installed.

TWO
Email makeover? Not so much.  I think Google’s new Inbox is more of a template transformation as opposed to an innovative email creation.  If I understand correctly…it’s just a big spam filter?  Nonetheless, Google Inbox’s release was well done.  Why not make current users, who are not too lazy to send a request for an invitation, your exclusive first users!!

THREE
Google reminded us how important exclusivity is in this day and age! Are we ranting and raving over a new…email app???  Yes, we are! Why? Because of the ‘invite only’ appeal!  “I have it! You don’t!  At a time when the most variety you get is the iPhone 5 or 6, and which ever color you chose, consumers are unable to control their desire for limited edition offers.  Once Inbox is offered to everyone, we won’t care again!

FOUR
Google has opened up a new market for Email innovation.  I think once everyone realizes that no one wants a new email app, things will go back to normal! Hype dies.  Email just is not exciting…In my opinion, it cannot be! When I think of email, I simply do not want to pin the things I do not want to think about.  Moreover, I have about 3 calendars that came with my computer, 2 pin apps, along with numerous other ways to do exactly what the new Inbox does. 

FIVE

Strictly business.  Business: big, small…worldwide, domestic…business and email go hand-in-hand.  When conducting business at a rapid pace, I do not think Google Inbox is your best bet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog